Easy Sweet Potato + Peanut Stew
nutty | deep flavoured | naturally sweet | satisfying | plant-based
Serves 4 | Ready in 45 minutes | Easy
Vegan | Gluten-free
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion (chopped)
1 heaped tsp sea salt
3 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 red chilli (sliced)
1 tsp grated ginger
3 large sweet potatoes cut into bitesized chunks
3 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
300g vegetables cut into bitesized pieces (courgette, green beans, aubergine or broccoli work well but use whatever’s in your fridge)
400ml coconut milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
goes well with:
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Add the avocado oil, diced onion and salt to a large pan and cook for a few minutes over a medium heat.
2. Turn down the heat and add the chopped garlic, sliced red chilli and grated ginger and cook for a further 30 seconds.
3. Add the chopped sweet potato, cumin, coriander, turmeric and mix well.
4. Turn the heat back to medium and add the rest of the ingredients.
5. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with fresh chopped herbs, crushed nuts and a squeeze of lime juice.
PIN FOR LATER: