30 minute vegan chickpea + aubergine curry
LIGHT | QUICK | DELICATE FLAVOURS | WHOLESOME | HEALTHY
Serves 4 | Ready in 30 minutes | Easy
Vegan | Gluten-free
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
1 heaped tsp sea salt
1 heaped tsp black mustard seeds
2 heaped tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 large aubergine (chopped into bite-size pieces)
400g (1 tin) chickpeas (cooked and drained)
100g sliced mushrooms (optional - I just had some leftover in my fridge)
400ml coconut milk
50g spinach (about 3 handfuls)
goes well with: gluten-free pitta bread, brown rice also works well
optional topping ideas: coconut yoghurt, black sesame seeds, fresh herbs, cracked black pepper
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Add the avocado oil, diced onion and garlic to a large pan and cook for a few minutes over a medium heat.
2. Turn down the heat and add the salt and spices, stir well and fry for a further 30 seconds.
3. Add the chopped aubergine, chickpeas and sliced mushrooms (if using) and mix well to coat in the spices.
4. Turn the heat back to medium and add the coconut milk.
5. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with your side of choice and top with creamy coconut yoghurt, cracked black pepper and a sprinkling of black sesame seeds.